About Our Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Practice
Chapter 7 bankruptcy, called the “liquidation chapter,” can be a very useful tool to allow you to have a financial restart and fresh start. The process typically lasts 4-6 months and can eliminate credit card debt, personal loan debt and other kinds of debt. In Chapter 7, the Means Test must typically be met.
Here are a few scenarios of how Chapter 7 bankruptcy can be used to help you:
- If you are behind on credit card bills;
- If you are living off credit cards;
- If you are behind on medical bills;
- If you have lawsuits or judgments against you;
- If your wages are being garnished or about to be garnished;
- If your bank account is frozen due to a judgment or a set off;
- If you have a judgment lien against any property that you own;
- If you are behind on your homeowner’s association or condo association dues;
- If you are behind on your car payment and would like to walk away from the car.
In the majority of Chapter 7 cases you can keep your car and you home, which are generally secured by a loan such as a car loan or mortgage.
A Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee may attempt to seize any unencumbered and non-exempt assets you may have, but Steiner Law Group can advise you on how to exempt those assets and other strategies to prevent liquidation of assets.
Don't take chances with your second chance. Speak to one of our experienced Bankruptcy Attorneys today.
Assessing Your Debt
What is Your Debt Amount?
Bankruptcy is a legal lifeline for people and businesses struggling with debt through a complex court process that can reduce or eliminate certain kinds of debt.
From Our Blog
All Practice Areas
DON'T TAKE CHANCES WITH YOUR SECOND CHANCE!
Steiner Law Group is a boutique law firm that assists Maryland citizens with bankruptcy and financial restructuring services. Don't go it alone, contact us today!
Schedule a Consultation Today
Own a Business and Need Personal Bankruptcy Service?
The Latest News And Advice On Maryland's Bankruptcy Laws Delivered Straight To Your Inbox.
BONUS! Join our mailing list to start receiving exclusive strategies, reports and downloads that only our newsletter members have access to.